The Mandala Trust, aims for the future
School Children at the Yellow River School Project where The Mandala trust provided the funding for doors, windows and heating.
- To develop and demonstrate good governance: to each other, to our donors, to our partners, to the Charity commission and to the people we assist.
- To develop a volunteer base year on year.
- To establish Mandala Trust outreach groups based on Buddhist or any faith centres/communities or any group where the members support our aims and are willing to work for the people we support.
- To continue to support existing recipients where they have one-off costs relating to a new development or new activity.
- To add at least two new projects each year and to cease assistance to existing projects once they are self-sufficient.
- To develop the ‘Operation Kindness’ initiative with the following aims:
- Develop and support a community of individuals, groups and organisations committed to the ethic of kindness.
- Offer a creative space within which to imagine, discuss and actualise ideas around bringing kindness into our own hearts, our homes, our communities, institutions and the world at large.
- Encourage individuals and groups to become engaged in ‘simple acts of kindness’ in their own communities or further afield.
- Act as a resource for research, articles, inspirational film or text related to the ethic of kindness.